Are you trying to create a landing page without a template in HubSpot? HubSpot drag and drop templates make it easy to build a landing page to help you generate leads or promote a webinar. Below are the steps on how to do so.
- 1 1. Open HubSpot Landing Pages Admin
- 2 2. Click the Create Button
- 3 3. Choose a template from a theme package
- 4 4. Edit or Add New Content Modules
- 5 5. Want to add more sections to the page?
- 6 6. Want to adjust the colors, fonts, and styles?
- 7 7. Finalize the page settings
- 8 8. Publish the landing page
- 9 9. Monitor performance and analytics
- 10 10. Promotion
- 11 Conclusion
1. Open HubSpot Landing Pages Admin
In the top navigation menu go to, Marketing > Landing Pages
2. Click the Create Button
Click the orange create button in the top right corner. Next, choose your website domain if you have multiple domains in your account. Next, give your page a name.
3. Choose a template from a theme package
Depending on what account level you have, you will have different HubSpot CMS templates to choose from. In my example, I am going to select this Basic eBook offer. Click on the template preview box, then click the orange select template button.
4. Edit or Add New Content Modules
The drag and drop editor makes it easy to add or update text and images in the landing page layout.
- This panel shows all of the content modules available to add to the page
- As you hover over the page sections you will see an edit panel appear. You can edit styles, clone, or delete the section.
- If you hover over the text or images you will see blue outline box letting you know it is clickable. If you click it, an edit panel will appear in the left side of the page. This will give you form fields to fill out to update the content.
5. Want to add more sections to the page?
HubSpot CMS also has the ability to add entire sections to a landing page layout. Some themes include these reusable sections. But if not, they also provide some basic grid layout sections that you can then use to add your content modules inside of.
6. Want to adjust the colors, fonts, and styles?
Click on the Design tab to adjust the available style options.
7. Finalize the page settings
Now that you have the page built and you are happy with the design. Let’s finalize the Metadata. This information is displayed in the Google Search Results when someone searches for your page. The name “Example Landing Page” is only used in the HubSpot account and is not displayed in search results. You often want a more descriptive title or brand name here. For example, I could have – HubSpot Landing Page Example | Bootstrap Creative.
8. Publish the landing page
Finally, click the orange publish button in the top right corner of the page.
9. Monitor performance and analytics
One of the nice things about HubSpot is it displays analytics right in the page editor system. Other CMS’s like WordPress requires to login to Google Analytics to view stats. So the data is disconnected. It works, but this display is a lot nicer. I try and review stats a week after publishing and then again after 30 days.
Now that the page is setup, you need to consider promotion. How are you planning on generating traffic to the page? Below are some options:
- Send an email to a list
- Add a link to a worklow
- Share on social media
- Run a pay per click campaign to the landing page
Here is the simple HubSpot landing page I created. Creating a HubSpot landing page requires a few steps but the platform makes sure you include all of the necessary information to make your website optimized for success. If you are looking to build more advanced design layouts, I have a collection of premium HubSpot landing page templates and themes available.