Using a subdomain is often the choice when you are using a third-party platform like HubSpot to host your landing pages and blog. And your main site is hosted elsewhere. Below is a list of subdomain name options to help you choose one for your company.
Subdomain examples for landing pages
Subdomain examples for blogs
Alternate to using a subdomain
If you don’t have the restriction and would like to build everything on HubSpot, I recommend only one primary domain. This will build SEO value towards one domain instead of multiple domains.
- www.yourdomain.com – Main URL
- www.yourdomain.com/blog – Blog URL
- www.yourdomain/lp – Landing page URL, will need to manually ad lp/ for each post
If you’re not using HubSpot for your main website hosting (like WordPress) but just use it for landing pages and blog. I would recommend this approach.
- yourdomain.com – Main website hosted on another CMS like WordPress (notice no www)
- www.yourdomain.com – HubSpot landing pages and email
- www.yourdomain.com/blog – HubSpot Blog URL